Linggo, Setyembre 30, 2012

Gargantua

Approximately twenty four years ago I met a person that possessed the gorgons talent for turning children to stone with a single look. This was my teacher, I cannot recall her name anymore but I am sure she is a "Matandang Dalaga".



But enough of my personal ephipanies. I was in the DFA last friday to renew my passport. A notice on the entrance of the payment section caught my eye, "No exit for applicants".

Moving forward after completing the task at the payment section, a guy who appears to have a cheap long sleeved polo gave me a number. It is the same number they give you in banks to keep track of the queueing order. The number I received is 1321 then looking at the digital board its on 1005. After a few ding-dong sounds created when the board changes number, I became hungry. I decided to grab some food first since the number on the board is 1125 as of the moment. I tried to exit from the entrance but the guard pointed at the sign "No exit for applicants" so I looked for an alternate exit out of the building. It is not that far, but it would be quicker if you exit the same way you entered. After indulging in a wonderful meal I decided to head back in the building. Seeing the "No exit for applicants" sign again, I settled to the seats next to the entrance where I can clearly see the numbers in the digital board. I didn't enter because of the hassle I might encounter when I decide to exit the building again. Minding my own business, I cant help but notice some people exiting the entrance door. I asked the guard "Manong akala ko walang labasan dito?" He answered it's for employees only. So I let it go but again a few moments later i noticed another group of people exiting the same door. This time I am sure because I can see the application forms they have, they are not employees I because we both have the same forms. I did not say anything but instead stared at the guard and waited for him to look in my direction. When he did i made sure he realized how disappointed I was while muttering to myself  "Whatever manong... Whatever...". Maybe out of shame he left his post and another guard took his post instead.




How I wish my teacher back then was here to deliver her stone cold basilisk stare at that guard.


-Jutskie

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento